The use of physical interventions within the workplace must always be a last resort. Effective management of situations through conflict management skills should always be engaged to reduce the potential for physical interventions. We recognise of course that unfortunately, there are occasions within some working environments where the use of a physical intervention may be required. in any case where a physical intervention has been used, then that use must be justified and necessary and, be reasonable and proportionate to the harm that it seeks to prevent.
Are you, or your employees in the course of your working day at risk of having to disengage from unwanted physical contact or, having to guide, escort or restrain a service user, client, customer or other person?
Do you, or they
– deal with frustrated, threatening, angry, aggressive or violent people?
– intervene to defuse, de-escalate and calm confrontation?
– deliver unwelcome news?
– face abuse threat or even assault in the workplace?
Our physical intervention training programmes provide simple, effective strategies to meet those challenges. Our physical interventions programmes are accredited by Maybo and,
• do not rely on pain to gain compliance
• can be learned quickly and are easily recalled
• rely on technique rather than strength, the size and gender of the conflict manager is not relevant.
• have been subject to rigorous scrutiny and have been medically and legally risk assessed
• are constantly reviewed for compliance
Our courses are specifically tailored to your needs and requirements and will always include recognition of the risks of using physical interventions and will always reflect back to using alternatives to physical interventions wherever possible.
Contact us or view our selection of courses for more details.
This Maybo Licensed programme compliments and can be incorporated within the CRT/CRT refresher programme. The programme can be delivered with the option for City and Guilds Accredited Certification if required.
Delivered over one day, the course is aimed at providing delegates with the skills and abilities to avoid, or disengage from unwanted physical contact, or assault in a safer way and one which reduces the risks to the subject, others involved in the situation and, the conflict managers themselves.